Scott SC - Split Cane Bamboo Fly Rod
Scott have a long tradition of partnering with the world’s top split cane rod makers, Scott is pleased to introduce the new three piece SC rods designed and built in collaboration with Naoki Hashimoto of Hokkaido, Japan.
Scott SC bamboo rods seamlessly integrate the traditions of craftsmanship with the performance innovations of contemporary split cane technology to bring you fly rods that stand the test of time as works of art, and as serious fishing tools. SC rods feature beautifully figured amboyna burl wood and blued nickel silver reel seats, Snakebrand guides and agate inserts, handmade ferrule plugs, and grips shaped from the finest cork.
Each rod comes with a pair of matched tip sections.
- TRIPLE HEAT TREATED - SC bamboo is flamed before the culms are hand split, then heat treated after each strip is rough planed, and for a third time after the strips are hollowed and glued. This helps dramatically increase recovery speed.
- HOLLOW CONSTRUCTION - Keeps the rods very light and aids in increasing recovery speed by removing unwanted mass from each rod section.
- TAPER - Hand planed to exacting tolerances, SC rods feature unique taper designs optimized for three piece construction.
- FERRULES - Hariki hand made nickel silver ferrules are precision low mass ferrules built specifically for each Scott SC model
Flex Profile: Full
Recovery Speed: Medium
Connection: Hariki Nickel Ferrule
Each SC rod is serialised and is a uniquely crafted work of art. A once in a lifetime purchase, and one that you will not regret.
- Every Scott bamboo rod comes with a warranty that covers defects in materials and workmanship for one year from the date of purchase. This warranty is valid for the original owner only. Any modification and/or repair other than by Scott will void your warranty.
For further information on your SC warranty and helpful care instructions, please reference the warranty card included with your rod.
- We ship worldwide using FedEx. You order will be updated with a shipper reference as soon as it shipped so you can track it effectively. Transit Times are usually 3-5 days.