Guideline halo fly reel
in it's price range halo has class leading qualities in all aspects of material and manufacturing.
These large arbor fly reels are cnc-machined of high quality aluminium to ensure a top experience on the water and flawless functionality.
All models come with a full frame design/rim cage to stabilize the frame and prevent thin shooting lines from getting caught between frame and spool.
A construction that meets the multitude of fly lines in modern fly fishing.
The large arbor design of these light weight fly reels gives a quick retrieve and less coiling of the fly line.
The smooth, precise and sealed drag system on the halo is well proven over years of fishing in all elements.
Six reel models sets the range from the most delicate euro nymphing via Trout- And Salmon fishing to the craziest tropical battles.
Halo fly reel is built on a modern disc drag concept with carbon and stainless discs stacked against each other.
To optimize performance and design, we have chosen to work with two different sizes and drag strengths for smaller and larger reel sizes. 1,5 kg at bottom of spool on the 3 smallest sizes and 4,0 kg drag on the largest three sizes.
This will ensure best possible use of the drag when fighting fish.
The retrieve direction on the reels is easy to change and only takes a couple of minutes to perform.
The rims on both the spool & the back side has engraved circles to give the reel the halo effect.
All sizes has the same design, except the brake knob. The three larger sizes has a bigger, fully chromed knob, while the three smaller reels have a smaller knob with a blue centre plate.
- #23 - The most delicate fishing with rods in #2 to #4 with fly flylines up to #4. (capacity wf #4+80m 20lbs backing). The first choice for euro nymphing.
- #45 - Single hand rods in #4 and #5 wt and capacity up to wf #5 +80m 20lbs backing. If you need a reel for both 4 and 5 wt's this is the best alternative.
- #67 - The model for Trout fishing with streamers, sea Trout fishing in the sea with #6 and #7wt single hand rods. Also suitable for lighter switch rods with uls and compact shooting heads up to #7. Capacity example is wf #7 + 100m 20 lbs backing.
- #89 - More powerful single hand & switch rods in #7-9. The reel can store wf #8 + 100m 30lbs backing or shooting head in 7/8 + compline + 100m 30lbs backing. The choice for more heavier coastal fishing, pike fishing in #8/9 and tropical in #7/8.
- #79dh - Lighter double hand rods in #7/8 and #8/9 with space for shooting head, shooting line and aprox 200m 30lbs backing. Also a very good choice for single hand rods with wf lines in #9-#10 for tropical fishing.
- #911dh - The size for double hand rods in #8/9 to #10/11 with generous storage for backing and shooting line (+250 30lbs). Also the model for the most demanding tropical fishing after tarpon and gt with lines and single hand rods in #11-12.