Use the force. Even lighter than the original, the Force SL Series II breaks its own record as the lightest machined reel on the market. This evolution in the Force Superlight reel lineage includes an even larger arbor to increase line retrieval and decrease weight. Plus it has an enhanced CNC machined structural development and more fluid, refined styling.
Since coming onto the scene in 1997, the Force reels have pursued what we feel is the Holy Grail of fly reel performance: delivering the highest possible ratio of retrieve rate to reel weight. To this end, while other super arbor reels add weight in order to gain speed, Force reels maintain their featherweight specification by being pure muscle and bone.
- Format: Large Arbor
- Materials: Machined 6061 Aluminum, Stainless Steel
- Finish: Hard Alox
- Drag: Sealed Conical Drag System
- US Made, Idaho Built
- Do not remove the drag knob or the two-holed nut in the center of the drag knob for any reason.
- Always ensure the Gland Cap is tight, especially before using the reel the first time or after reversing the retrieve direction. Be sure to periodically check that the cap is on securely; it should always be firmly tightened by hand, do not use a tool. The Gland Cap should seat completely on the drag cylinder when installed properly.
- The drag system is meant to operate lubrication free. Do not use any type of oil or lubricant in or around the drag system. A small amount of WD-40 may be applied to the retrieve handle in order to remove any dirt build up between the handle and the handle shaft.
- Freshwater Use: Occasionally rinse your reel thoroughly under fresh running water and wipe the spool and frame to remove any debris or dirt build up. Be sure to wipe down the spindle on the spool and keep it free of debris.
Be sure to rinse the reel under fresh running water after every use in a salt environment. Occasionally rinse the drag by doing the following:
- Remove the spool, unscrew the gland cap and remove the red and silver clutch assembly.
- Rinse all components including the inside of the drag cylinder thoroughly with fresh running water.
- Allow all components to dry completely before reassembly.